Facility HVAC Engineer
Kalamazoo, MI 49001 US
Location: Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Lead the start-up and commissioning of HVAC systems.
- Responsible for safe start-up of systems. Perform safety risk assessments to identify and mitigate safety hazards.
- Planning of daily activities and coordination of multiple startup activities. Approve and coordinate work to be performed each day for multiple systems in an area.
- Conduct field coordination meetings using Organizational Risk Management boards to identify all hazards and determine mitigation strategies. Development of Safe Plan of Action for all tasks.
- Valve and damper alignments
- Lock-Out / Tag-Out
- Post signage and barricades, as needed.
- Completing installation documentation
- Energization of utilities and equipment per written start-up plans
- Commissioning of utilities and equipment per written commissioning plans.
- Walk down of mechanical and process systems for acceptance by the commissioning team.
- Troubleshoot equipment/system performance issues with support from the client’s Subject Matter Experts (SME) and engineering resources.
- Approx. 10 years of field experience in the start-up and commissioning of HVAC systems within the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- Ability to read and understand P&IDs and electrical single line diagrams.
- Must have “hands on” utility energization and equipment commissioning experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact and collaborate with team members and external stakeholders is essential.
- Ability to work onsite daily in Kalamazoo, MI.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.