Facilities Maintenance Technician
West Chicago, IL 60185 US
- The Facilities Maintenance Technician will be responsible for completing work orders, preventative maintenance orders, and project work to maintain the facility equipment and building. They will also evaluate machinery, identify problems, and suggest necessary improvements. The ideal candidate should have at least three years of experience in facility maintenance and have knowledge and experience with boilers, compressors, electrical, HVAC, data, high voltage, machining, or welding.
- Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Complete work assignments in a timely fashion with minimal direction.
- Communicate maintenance issues to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Evaluate all machinery and provide a detailed list of identified problems along with any necessary improvements.
- Focus on machine efficiency issues and process improvements.
- Order parts to complete work assignments.
- Communicates with departments to accomplish work assignments without interrupting production.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a facility maintenance role.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with one of the following: Boilers, Compressors, Electrical, HVAC, Data, High Voltage, Machining, or Welding.
- Food manufacturing plant experience is a plus.
- Mechanical and electrical trouble shooting skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office software are required.
- Good oral and written communication skills.