Cicero, IL 60629 US
- Your responsibilities will encompass operating, troubleshooting, and optimizing a range of packaging machinery, ensuring seamless production processes. As a proactive leader, you will spearhead projects, manage budgets, and drive safety compliance, while supervising a dedicated maintenance/fabrication shop team. If you're ready to contribute your technical expertise and project management prowess to an innovative and safety-driven environment, we welcome your application.
- Operate, troubleshoot, and rebuild packaging machinery like wrapping, bagging, weighing, and robotics, ensuring efficient performance.
- Manage plant equipment, including handling machinery, extruders, pumps, and heat exchangers, to maintain consistent production.
- Apply expertise in power transmission and assembly for optimal machinery operation.
- Lead technical problem-solving and process improvement using engineering knowledge.
- Ensure OSHA compliance and a safe working environment.
- Research and recommend machinery for specific applications.
- Oversee budgeting for expenses and projects, ensuring resource efficiency.
- Manage projects from planning to installation, maintaining schedules and budgets.
- Juggle multiple projects, meeting deadlines effectively.
- Adhere to food processing standards and manufacturing practices.
- Enforce work ergonomics and OSHA regulations for safety.
- Supervise shop tools' operation and welding practices.
- Lead maintenance/fabrication shop, fostering teamwork and productivity.
- Proficient in operating, assembling, troubleshooting, and rebuilding various packaging machinery such as wrapping, vertical bagging, weighing, and robotic equipment.
- Comprehensive understanding of process and plant equipment encompassing material handling machinery, extruders, pumps, heat exchangers, and low-pressure boiler systems.
- Thorough grasp of power transmission applications and machine assembly prerequisites, including precise tolerances and fits.
- Holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Packaging Engineering.
- Possesses a minimum OSHA 10 Certification.
- Adept at researching, evaluating, and recommending machinery or systems tailored to specific applications.
- Experienced in formulating and adhering to budgets for large-scale expenses and capital projects.
- Proven track record in project management, entailing the creation of project schedules, monitoring project budgets, and overseeing installations.
- Exceptionally detail-oriented, organized, and capable of managing multiple concurrent projects effectively.
- Displays foundational knowledge of food processing plants and maintains familiarity with good manufacturing practices.
- Familiar with proper work ergonomics and well-versed in OSHA requirements pertaining to industrial settings.
- Basic proficiency in operating common shop tools, including mill and lathe machining, as well as welding practices.
- Supervisory experience within a maintenance and/or fabrication shop environment, with a preference for union-based settings.