Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 36.00 HOUR true
Location: University Park, IL
University Park, IL 60484 US
2023-03-15 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Supply Chain Job Number: Na110462310 Compensation: 36.00
Location: University Park, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Contract
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Buyer II will provide day to day tactical procurement support for the purchase of materials, components, services, and supplies in support of the manufacturing operation. Provide procurement support to ensure the use of suppliers of best performance to Norgren relative to quality, on-time delivery, total cost and service. Individual must be able to effectively and efficiently communicate information internally and externally
- Follow-up and expedite open purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide support for supplier consolidation and rationalization efforts.
- Develop, establish, and maintain supplier performance measurements as needed to support the objectives of the divisions.
- Communicate company requirements (price, delivery, specification revision) via timely and accurate transmission of purchase orders and change orders to suppliers.
- Collect purchase order acknowledgements and advanced shipment notifications (ASN’s) from suppliers as per company requirements. File with PO documents.
- Communicate any supplier capacity constraints or lead time issues to planning so they can manage appropriately.
- Configure/improve logistics routes to balance the needs of the business and optimize total cost.
- Manage and close out accounts payable issues to ensure timely and correct payment of invoices.
- Update MK data (supplier lead times, pricing, economic order quantities (EOQ), pay terms, FOB terms, own all part parameters, etc).
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics/Operations, Engineering or other related field. An appropriate combination of education and directly related experience is acceptable if the ability to perform duties and responsibilities is demonstrated.
- 3-5 years procurement or other supply chain related experience with demonstrated ability to perform essential functions
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.