Environmental HVAC Tech
North Chicago, IL 60064 US
- Perform advanced mechanical tasks and preventative maintenance (PM) procedures on all Environmental Systems Equipment (ESE) and decontaminate equipment and facilities throughout Abbott Lake County operations.
- Test and balance of clean room systems, terminal filters, and labs.
- Troubleshoot, order parts, and install parts and material on equipment such as constant volume control boxes, fractional horsepower motors, variable frequency drives, and unit controllers.
- Install belts, gaskets, etc. on ESE equipment using various gauges, tools, and test equipment. (Pressure gauges, leak detectors, torque wrenches, multimeters, ammeters, etc.)
- Understand basic test and balance theories, including pressure relationships and fan laws. (Relationships of total/static/velocity pressure, static losses in ductwork systems, static regain, and ventilation.)
- Effectively communicate job status to customers.
- Order material and parts from the stockroom and initiate work orders and other required forms.
- Well-versed in the use of flow hood, vel grid, and pitot tube for test and balancing.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of mechanical hand tools and test equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform mechanical repairs on various devices including fans, valves, actuators, etc.
- Install HVAC and ESE equipment and accessories according to AbbVie Engineering Standards.
- Ensure GMP, safe work policies and procedures are followed at all times in accordance with company policies.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED is required, with a minimum of 2 years working experience in the field of Environmental Systems Equipment (ESE) system maintenance. NSF certified is a plus.
- Advance understanding of HVAC theory and application to air handling systems in a Commercial and/or Industrial environment.
- Solid knowledge of all CMMS functions that pertain to maintenance, preventative maintenance (PM) and related activities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written; creative problem solving and analytical skills.
- Work hours are Day shift, 6:00 am to 2:30 pm., M-F