Entry Level Drafter
Hunt Valley, MD 21031 US
Sterling Engineering has an exciting new opportunity for a Drafter! This is a long term contract offering full benefits, PTO, paid Holidays and a competitive salary!
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Job Type: Long term contract (long term career opportunity!)
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Responsibilities may include GPS survey, overhead/underground line locating, inspections, testing, and documentation of power distribution, gas distribution, ROW, compressors, and other related facilities
- Complete design task for associated utility design projects. Tasks include but are not limited to drafting, engineering calculations, easement validation; design/construction cost estimating & permit package development.
- Ability to review Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for update or conflict
- Coordinate projects for construction across multiple departments to accomplish timely construction and meet customer, crew member or client needs within a negotiated timeframe
- Designs will meet all requirements of applicable company safety standards, company distribution construction standards, and governing authority regulations Qualifications
- 2-3 years of general construction or utility experience preferred
- High School Diploma required. Technical certificate in drafting or other technical skill preferred.
- Basic design skills, AutoCAD or MicroStation knowledge preferred
- Detail and quality oriented. Must be comfortable reading and interpreting technical documentation including blue prints, construction specifications and other items.
- Must have own vehicle and ability to travel if required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information
Meet Your Recruiter
Alysia Deniziak is a veteran Technical Recruiter specializing in the Utilities Division. With an impressive 6-year career in the recruitment field, Alysia is dedicated to helping individuals discover their dream careers.
In her role as a Technical Recruiter, Alysia's expertise in the Utilities Division allows her to skillfully connect candidates with roles that align perfectly with their aspirations and skills. Her commitment to understanding each candidate's unique journey positions her as a trusted partner in their professional endeavors.
For Alysia, the greatest satisfaction in recruiting comes from helping someone unearth their dream career. She takes immense pride in guiding individuals toward roles that match their qualifications and resonate with their passions and ambitions.
Alysia's advice to job seekers is grounded in authenticity and honesty. She understands that interviews can be nerve-wracking, but she encourages candidates always to be themselves. Alysia firmly believes that being genuine and honest during interviews is key to building authentic connections with potential employers.