Romeoville, IL 60446 US
- Prepare and maintain layouts of processes and related equipment.
- Create, edit, and maintain necessary documentation.
- Assist in the development and review of standard operating procedures for documented processes.
- Conduct equipment calibration and maintenance as needed.
- Collaborate with R&D scientists, QA chemists, and other specialists on various assignments.
- Plan and execute laboratory experiments and routine analyses.
- Contribute to the evaluation, selection, specification, ordering, installation, and validation of new processes and equipment.
- Play a key role in the initial scale-up work for new product introductions.
- Support manufacturing with process troubleshooting, improvement programs, and product quality studies.
- Assist with various plant maintenance activities when required.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting capabilities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on, can-do, get-the-job-done attitude with a customer-oriented focus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and adapt quickly to changes in planning.
- Computer literacy with MS Office; CAD experience is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively alone and in a multifunctional, team-oriented work environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering education or a science degree from an accredited school, or at least 4 years of experience maintaining machinery in an industrial environment.
- Experience with filling and packaging equipment design and processes.
Meet Your Recruiter
Mike Schmitz is an esteemed Recruiting Team Leader specializing in the Life Sciences Division. With an impressive tenure of over 12 years at Sterling and a remarkable 16-year career in the recruiting arena, Mike has cemented his reputation as a trailblazer in talent acquisition.
As a Recruiting Team Leader, Mike's understanding of the intricacies within the Life Sciences Division is unparalleled. His expertise positions him as a strategic partner in bridging the gap between talented professionals and opportunities that align with their aspirations.
With a career spanning 16 years, Mike's journey in the recruitment landscape has been defined by his dedication to facilitating more fulfilling careers for skilled professionals. His ability to understand everyone’s unique strengths and match them with roles that foster growth and satisfaction marks him as a true advocate for professional development.
Mike's advice to candidates reflects his commitment to helping them excel: approach every job interview with positivity and authenticity. He firmly believes that a positive attitude and an engaging personality are pivotal in creating lasting impressions. Mike emphasizes that while technical qualifications are crucial, the ability to connect with interviewers and present oneself effectively is equally valuable to prospective employers.