Sturtevant, WI 53177 US
- Assign projects and teams, optimizing workloads for timely design completion.
- Develop and mentor the Mechanical Engineering department, conducting performance coaching.
- Interview, hire, and train new engineers and designers.
- Utilize industry standards, software, and best practices for design assignments.
- Coordinate tooling discussions to select appropriate tooling for successful testing and installation.
- Conduct high-level project reviews and audits, ensuring production goals and deadlines are met.
- Manage project schedules, identifying and resolving conflicts or gaps.
- Support company initiatives and execute them effectively.
- Conduct thorough research and communicate findings to internal staff and customers.
- Advise and assist department staff in design, scheduling, tooling, customer interaction, and project management.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and tooling issues, providing hands-on expertise and solutions.
- Contribute to sales direction through new product development and innovative usage.
- Define product specifications to meet customer needs while ensuring feasibility and manufacturability.
- Travel occasionally for customer visits and tradeshows (5-10% of time).
- Manage Mechanical Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, and Applications team.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of mechanical design experience, with 3-5 years in a supervisory role.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Inventor, Autodesk Vault, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong leadership skills, driving efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and machine shop practices.
- Expertise in power transmission design, automation, and tooling design.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and passion for machines and automation.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work quickly and accurately.
- Self-directed with a strong work ethic.