Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 125000 YEAR true
Engineering Manager - NPD
Bolingbrook, IL 60440 US
2023-03-09 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Mechanical Design Job Number: NA840103838 Compensation: 125000
Title: Engineering Manager - NPD
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
Hire Type: Direct Hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
- Management of multi-facility global design teams in a Stage-Gate process.
- Preparation and monitoring of project budgets in area of responsibility.
- Ensure departmental project designs meet requirements of specification and standards while promoting error-proof assembly. Responsible for coordination with specification writers to ensure project feasibility.
- Ensure design personnel utilize Lean design and manufacturing processes and follow good design control practices.
- Deliver innovate designs that meet profit, cost, quality, and time-to-market metrics.
- Oversee construction and testing of prototype components or assemblies as required in the development and approval process.
- Ensure designs follow established procedures for creation and maintenance of CAD databases and libraries.
- Final approval of applicable drawings.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks to the project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years progressive experience in Engineering design and/or development leading highly technical and innovative projects.
- Project management, team management, root-cause analysis and computer analysis programs
- Experience with Medium/high voltage electrical power systems
- Experience leading and reviewing DFMEA, PFMEA, and PPAP process and documents
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.