Position: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Northbrook, IL 60062
Are you passionate about embedded systems and test / control software? Are you highly motivated, driven and like to work in a fast-paced, challenging, fluid and collaborative environment? Do you like working in a small team environment that works on big products?
I am looking for an Embedded Software engineer with 7+ years of Embedded C/C++ design experience, microcontroller, and QT framework. Must have Applications experience with some Java / JEE, and Real Time Embedded and experience implementing the TCP/IP stack. This team works on large products.
This onsite opportunity is with my direct client that has an excellent benefit package that includes BCBS Medical, MetLife Dental & Vision, 2+ weeks PTO, 9 paid holidays and a profit-sharing plan.
- B.S. Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited engineering school.
- 7+ years’ experience with software development – embedded and control GUI.
- Experience in coding and techniques in C/ C++ and using IDE like TI Code Composer Studio for embedded software.
- Serial communication using ASCII and binary protocols
- Implementing TCP/IP stack, like LwIP, on embedded platform.
- Experience in embedded device networking, and real-world experience with dealing with the unpredictability and variability of the internet (e.g., packet loss, latency, bandwidth estimation, FEC).
- Demonstrated abilities in conception, preparation and analysis of software specifications and the resolution of product performance problems due to software issues.
- High level of self-motivation and drive to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and fluid environment.
Overview: Sterling Engineering / Staffing has a rich history of delivering top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm that has been in business for over 54 years. With over 200 currently active clients, Sterling works within the Automation, Energy, Facilities, Information Technology, Food, Logistics/Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Packaging, Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals, Engineering and R&D industries.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.