Embedded S/W Development Engineer 111v
Naperville, IL 60440 US
- Be the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Embedded Engineering
- Implement code as directed by the Software Development Group Leader.
- Support the Software Development Group Leader in design and development as a member of the team.
- Work with production to achieve safe launches of programs and maintain existing ones.
- Write and modify software documentation.
- Fix problems in code during the development and maintenance phases and modify corresponding documentation.
- Create unit test cases.
- Execute unit tests and log the defects.
- Update the status of problems in the problem tracking system.
- Coordinate with laboratory personnel on the testing of prototypes.
- Research and develop cost-saving ideas for existing products.
- U.S. Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or foreign degree + 8 year of experience. In the alternative, a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 5+ years’ experience
- Creation and execution of test plans in a laboratory environment
- Experience with lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators)
- Creation of software requirements and design documents
- Assembler, compilers, and debuggers
- Embedded programming in “C” programming language
- Software development processes that comply with SEI CMMI Level 3
- Embedded programming in 8-bit/16-bit microcontroller assembly languages
- Configuration management systems (CVS, PVCS, or similar)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Project)
Sterling Engineering / Staffing has a rich history of delivering top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm with over 100 clients that work primarily with Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 corporations.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.