Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 25 34 HOUR true
Electro-Mechanical (EMT) (12hr. NIGHT Shift)
Northlake, IL 60164 US
2023-05-18 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Technician Job Number: NA2644011516 Compensation: $25-34 / hour
Title: Electro-Mechanical Technician (12hr. night shift)
Location: Northlake, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
The Electro-Mechanical Technician for Maintenance provides day-to-day electronic, electrical, and mechanical support for the Northlake manufacturing facility. The role of this position is to be a technical resource for solving maintenance reliability issues and provide some project management for projects supported by the maintenance department. Maintenance team members and/or the Maintenance Manager fulfills the duties of this position when vacant.
- Acts as a resource for PLC, AC/DC variable speed drive, and electrical controls problem solving.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Manage electrical projects that are run or supported by the maintenance department.
- Supports shift maintenance teams in problem solving and troubleshooting efforts, which may require after hour call-ins.
- Ensures strict conformance to the electrical code and OSHA safety requirements for facility and production equipment.
- Provide input to the preventive and predictive maintenance efforts to improve overall equipment reliability.
- Provides strong support of departmental standards for safety, sanitation, and housekeeping.
- Support the introduction of new technology.
- Lead and training maintenance electricians as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Ability to work all shifts and perform overtime
- Previous experience as a quality control inspector preferred.
- Future training and/or education may be necessary to further job skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and Power Point presentations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units or measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate mean, median, and mode, and apply SPC to the quality processes
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Basic skill knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel, and Virtual Client to perform effectively in daily activities
- Ability to perform visual inspection process and successfully read and apply technical material including print specifications
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.