Electro-Mechanical (EMT) (12hr. NIGHT Shift)
Northlake, IL 60164 US
- Acts as a resource for PLC, AC/DC variable speed drive, and electrical controls problem solving.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Manage electrical projects that are run or supported by the maintenance department.
- Supports shift maintenance teams in problem solving and troubleshooting efforts, which may require after hour call-ins.
- Ensures strict conformance to the electrical code and OSHA safety requirements for facility and production equipment.
- Provide input to the preventive and predictive maintenance efforts to improve overall equipment reliability.
- Provides strong support of departmental standards for safety, sanitation, and housekeeping.
- Support the introduction of new technology.
- Lead and training maintenance electricians as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- Ability to work all shifts and perform overtime
- Previous experience as a quality control inspector preferred.
- Future training and/or education may be necessary to further job skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and Power Point presentations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units or measures, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and interpret bar graphs. Ability to calculate mean, median, and mode, and apply SPC to the quality processes
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Basic skill knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel, and Virtual Client to perform effectively in daily activities
- Ability to perform visual inspection process and successfully read and apply technical material including print specifications
Meet Your Recruiter
Alyssa Ford is a dedicated Technical Recruiter, driven by her commitment to establishing meaningful connections with individuals and assisting them in navigating the complexities of career transitions.
With one year of dedicated service at Sterling and a total of 2 years in the recruiting field, Alyssa has already significantly impacted talent acquisition.
Alyssa's innate ability to connect with people and understand their unique career aspirations has been instrumental in her success as a Technical Recruiter. She finds great joy in forging professional relationships and participating in candidates' journeys as they navigate the tough decisions associated with job changes.
Having experienced the challenges of job hunting firsthand, Alyssa empathizes with candidates facing similar struggles. She encourages job seekers not to lose hope and to stay persistent throughout their search. Alyssa believes that the right role will come along at the right time, and maintaining a positive attitude and determination can make all the difference in finding the perfect fit.