Hammond, IN 46320 US
Title: Industrial Electrician
Location: Hammond, IN
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Perform Preventative Maintenance Routines including accurate, complete, and timely follow-up documentation. This documentation includes computerized work order updates, inventory transactions, verbal and written reports, etc.
- Perform equipment repairs/replacements including accurate, complete and timely follow-up documentation including computerized work order updates, inventory transactions, verbal and written reports, etc. Effectively use hand/power tools and shop equipment.
- Effectively work with managers, operators, contractors, service people, vendors/suppliers to ensure timely and accurate completion of services. This includes coordination of activities to ensure minimal disruption of production schedules and workflow.
- Move and operate various equipment including but not limited to forklift, highlift, etc.
- Define, select, requisition and expedite parts and materials while following approved procedures. Inspect used parts to determine the mode of failure and recommend countermeasures to prevent future problems. Perform all tasks and responsibilities in a fashion that assures personal safety and the safety of others and equipment.
- Effectively communicate with others by presenting information, responding to questions, and seeking feedback/input.
- Effectively works and participates in a team environment.
- High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent in experience
- Associates/Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5-7+ years of verifiable electrical maintenance experience.
- Extensive controls, PLC’s and automation knowledge and experience
- Considerable experience with drives and high voltage is also required.
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems is a plus.
- Effective troubleshooting skills are a must.
- Must be proficient with using electrical measuring devices (multimeters, amprobes, meggers etc.) and electrical schematics to determine the source of the problem.
- Must be able to display manual dexterity and perform all physical demands as outlined in the job description.
- Understand and follow all GMP/Plant Hygiene and safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools and shop equipment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information