Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 23.00 HOUR true
Electrical Test Engineer
Elmhurst, IL 60126 US
2022-10-07 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Technician Job Number: HJ4265948517 Compensation: 23.00
Title: Electrical Test Engineer ($30-$40hr based on experience)
Location: Elmhurst, IL
Set up and conduct various types of design validation testing, for example:
- RF (radio frequency): Open field range, sensitivity, short and long-term frequency stability, etc.
- Environmental performance: extreme temperatures and humidity (familiarity with programming and using environmental test chambers)
- EMC (Electromagnetic Compliance): ESD (electrostatic discharge), EFT (electrical fast transient), surge, emissions, etc.
- Ability to design and build basic to medium difficulty test setups, including building electronic board assemblies, configuring instruments (data loggers, thermometers, spectrum analyzers, timers, counters, etc)
- There is a mechanical component to this role as well.
- Must be able to lift up to 50-70lbs and climb ladders
- Electrical schematics experience
- Interacting with the Design Engineers, to fully understand what exactly is needed, clarify questions, unexpected product behaviors, etc.
- Providing periodic updates as the tests progress
- Good observer to catch and report errors to engineers
- Write accurate, complete and concise test reports.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information