Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 90000 110000 YEAR true
Electrical Facilities Project Engineer
Chicago, IL 60626 US
2023-05-30 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Electrical Engineering Job Number: Hd596315518 Compensation: $90000-110000 / year
Title: Electrical Facilities Project Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
- Prepare design criteria and functional descriptions for electrical equipment, including power distribution, controls, building systems, lighting, and life safety.
- Conduct calculations for power distribution, building loads, coordination, and protection.
- Create drawings, sketches, layouts, and engineering/construction documents as required.
- Develop wiring diagrams, panel designs, P&IDs (piping and instrumentation diagrams), single lines, electrical physicals, specifications, and functional descriptions.
- Perform field survey work to validate layouts/plans before, during, and after construction or rearrangement projects.
- Accurately transcribe existing building plans into CAD-based drawings through field survey work.
- Collaborate with fellow team members within the Facilities department to provide electrical expertise, troubleshooting support, and assistance with design tasks.
- Prepare cost estimates, schedules, and purchase documents for electrical engineering projects.
- Administer the design and construction of projects, ensuring adherence to standards and specifications.
- Supervise construction activities and coordinate the work of external contractors and engineers.
- Review and handle drawings and submittals, and provide timely feedback as required.
- Contribute to commissioning activities for electrical systems, including startup and troubleshooting.
- Prepare and control construction documents such as estimates, schedules, change notices, and other relevant project documentation.
- Demonstrate expertise and familiarity with industrial power distribution and protection, UPS systems, switchgear, emergency generators, life safety systems, PLCs, building automation, ladder logic, motor controls, and low voltage systems (e.g., fire signaling, burg-access control, surveillance).
- Stay updated with advancements in the field and apply relevant knowledge to assigned projects.
- Utilize technical competence in electrical engineering and design to deliver high-quality project outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (advanced degree preferred).
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively review, interpret, and comment on drawings.
- Basic bookkeeping and project accounting skills.
- Proficiency in computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle).
- Strong computer-aided design (CAD) system literacy, including experience with Microstation/AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of budgeting and cost estimating for design packages, scheduling, and procurement.
- Familiarity with construction management, electrical construction standards, and coordination of trades.
- Experience in building design and construction projects, plant rearrangement/remodel projects, and electrical systems.
- Ability to manage projects, exercise sound judgment, and make decisions within assigned responsibilities.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time to company manufacturing locations and for equipment procurement.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. #SP