Electrical Engineering Manager
Carol Stream, IL 60188 US
Title: Electrical Manager
Location: Glendale Heights, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for conformance with company design standards and customer or marketing specifications. Once a machine is sold, the Electrical Engineer becomes the primary point of contact for the electrical design and configures electrical drawings, enters BOM demands in PLM software, and manages project timelines. Responsible for all electrical aspects of the machine, i.e., programming PC and PLC’s, bringing support to the workshop, troubleshooting, setup, testing with the workshop,
- Review Customer RFQ specifications to define and take exception to project requirements.
- Provides electrical engineering recommendations and technical support on electrical engineering reviews, strategic plans, and projects.
- Assists with allocation, budgeting, resource planning, and scheduling.
- Manages unit and development cost estimations and helps determine affordable and reliable material sources.
- Ensures on-time product development by collaborating with other leaders to estimate reasonable and precise schedules and solve problems quickly.
- Streamlines production while meeting compliance and safety guidelines.
- Creates production, quality validation, and evaluation requirements and tests and troubleshoots production dilemmas.
- Establishes technical standards in reviews, documentations, and designs.
- Manages engineering teams and other electrical engineering staff members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 15 years of experience in machine controls design (electrical & technical background required).
- 3 years managing a team of electrical engineers.
- Must have a valid Illinois driver’s license.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information