New Berlin, WI 53151 US
- The Electrical Engineer in this role will be responsible for working on lifting equipment and hoisting machinery, including tasks such as conducting Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), Site Acceptance Testing (SAT), and final commissioning. This engineer should have the ability to interpret and create electrical schematics, utilize AutoCAD Electrical, perform electrical calculations, program PLCs using ladder logic, and design HMI applications, primarily using Rockwell and Siemens systems. Additionally, the engineer should be experienced in field startups and testing, be comfortable working in industrial settings, and possess a deep understanding of electric motor controls, utility circuits, safety circuits, and operator controls as they pertain to lifting equipment and hoists. Troubleshooting and problem resolution skills are essential, covering a wide range of components like circuit breakers, transformers, motor starters, contactors, relays, A.C./D.C. inverters, braking resistors, and more.
- Field service activities and startups may involve both domestic and international assignments, with durations typically lasting 1-2 months at a time.
- In the role of an electrical engineer, your primary responsibilities will involve working at both on-site and office locations. You will provide technical guidance and supervision to fellow electrical engineers, technicians, craftsmen, and other personnel on a daily basis. This includes collaborating closely with the project manager to define work requirements, assess on-site needs for the seamless progression of customer acceptance, meet project schedules, and conduct daily reviews of work activities. You will also offer support to the Installation Site Supervisor.
- Additionally, your role will entail the capability to troubleshoot and make updates or modifications to computer programs such as PLC code and HMI programs, which are instrumental in automating specific business processes.
- Furthermore, your tasks will encompass the ability to comprehend, interpret, create, and annotate single-line diagrams, schematics, panel layouts, interconnect diagrams, and conduit drawings that have been provided by the Engineering department. These "as-built" drawings and mark-ups must be returned to Engineering to maintain proper configuration control.
- A crucial aspect of this role is maintaining an excellent customer relations attitude. You are expected to approach challenges with a solution-oriented mindset, prioritizing customer satisfaction and expeditious completion of testing and startup processes. The willingness and drive to self-educate and grasp new concepts in design are highly valued attributes.
- The successful candidate must have a 4-year Electrical Engineering degree (BSEE, BSEET) or equivalent.
- Preferred: Experience with the following: 5 to 10 years of electrical engineering experience in doing field startups, wiring, PLC and HMI programming, and experience in setting up variable frequency drives. Rockwell PLC/HMI, Siemens PLC/HMI, Magnetek VFDs, Siemens VFDs programming preferred.
- Knowledgeable with using and applying the NEC electrical code.
- Ability to lead and work with others to maximize their productivity. Extremely important is the ability to be customer focused and work with even the most challenging individuals.
Meet Your Recruiter
Commercial One Division Team Leader / Lead Recruiter
An-Denise McBride is an accomplished Team Leader and Lead Recruiter within the Commercial Division at Sterling. With an impressive career spanning over 12 dedicated years at Sterling and an extensive 21-year tenure in recruiting, An-Denise is a seasoned professional who finds profound joy in fostering lasting connections and guiding individuals toward fulfilling career paths.
In her multifaceted role as a Team Leader and Lead Recruiter, An-Denise leverages her wealth of experience to excel within the Commercial Division. Her profound understanding of the recruitment landscape empowers her to expertly connect candidates with roles that align with their qualifications and resonate with their career aspirations. As a leader, she plays a pivotal role in mentoring and nurturing the growth of her team, sharing her insights and wisdom to foster success.
What An-Denise finds most fulfilling about her role is the opportunity to connect with diverse individuals and build enduring relationships. She understands that recruitment isn't just about filling positions but guiding candidates toward the right career paths. Witnessing the growth and success of these candidates over time brings her a unique sense of fulfillment inherent to her profession.
An-Denise's role as a recruiter also allows her to stay at the forefront of industry trends, company cultures, and the ever-evolving job market. Her commitment to staying updated and engaged ensures that her candidates receive the most valuable guidance and insights, enriching their career journeys.
An-Denise's advice to job seekers is grounded in open-mindedness and adaptability. While clear career goals are important, she encourages individuals to explore opportunities that may not align perfectly with their initial visions. The dynamic job market often unveils unexpected paths that can lead to incredible growth and learning experiences.