Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 50.00 HOUR true
St Charles, IL 60174 US
2022-12-01 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract Job Category: Electrical Engineering Job Number: It3491041128 Compensation: 50.00
Title: Electrical Engineer - Design
Location: St. Charles, IL
Hire Type: CONTRACT or CONTRACT-TO-HIRE
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
- Work on cross-functional teams that comprise of Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineers as well as Drafts people to design and develop single phase and three phase induction, permanent magnet DC (PMDC), brushless DC (BLDC), and other types of synchronous motors and controls.
- Prepares and directs life tests on electrical motors to establish baseline life on new designs and improve product life on existing designs.
- Create and modify wiring diagrams and schematics, stator and rotor prints, and both mechanical and electrical BOMs with the support and guidance of senior engineers.
- Collaborate with compliance engineering to certify motor designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 1+ years’ experience of electrical motor design.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use hand tools and various electrical tools (soldering iron, oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.)
- Basic understanding of PMDC, BLDC and PMSM motor design and architecture.
- Experience with Dassault Systems SolidWorks, AutoDesk AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with ISO 9001, APQP, FMEA, creating work procedures, and other quality documentation.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information