Electrical Engineer Design
St Charles, IL 60174 US
Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Location: St. Charles, IL
Hire Type: Direct hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
- Work on cross-functional teams that comprise of Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineers as well as Drafts people to design and develop single phase and three phase induction, permanent magnet DC (PMDC), brushless DC (BLDC), and other types of synchronous motors and controls.
- Prepares and directs life tests on electrical motors to establish baseline life on new designs and improve product life on existing designs.
- Create and modify wiring diagrams and schematics, stator and rotor prints, and both mechanical and electrical BOMs with the support and guidance of senior engineers.
- Collaborate with compliance engineering to certify motor designs.
- Hands-on dismantling of production and prototype motors to perform RCCA analysis with experience in supporting Operations to reduce or eliminate customer warranty issues.
- Configure electrical test setups for both mechanical and electrical tests of motors and gearmotors.
- Develop DFMEA and PFMEA for motors and electrical manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 1+ years’ experience of electrical motor design.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use hand tools and various electrical tools (soldering iron, oscilloscope, multimeter, etc.)
- Basic understanding of PMDC, BLDC and PMSM motor design and architecture.
- Experience with Dassault Systems SolidWorks, AutoDesk AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with ISO 9001, APQP, FMEA, creating work procedures, and other quality documentation.
- Knowledge of UL, CSA, CE, RoHS, and other regulations that pertain to motor and drive technology is a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information