Electrical Controls Engineer
East Troy, WI 53120 US
Title: Electrical Controls Engineer
Location: East Troy, WI
Hire Type: Direct hire
Summary: This position designs electrical control systems, and gas, pneumatic, hydraulic, and steam piping layouts for industrial ovens.
- Research, develop, and design electrical control systems, gas, pneumatic, hydraulic, and steam piping layouts, meeting engineering standards, applicable codes, customer specifications, and within cost constraints.
- Research, develop, design, program, and debug PLC’s (program logic controls), operator interfaces, communication devices, and frequency drives.
- Review and interpret customer specifications and sales agreements.
- Work with customers and vendors on equipment design.
- Ensure conformance to codes and to company standards for quality and manufacturability. Familiarity with UL508A, NFPA 79, NFPA 86, NEC, etc.
- Develop and maintain designs layouts in the computerized system. Ability to generate bill of material and be within budget of the project.
- Redesign standard products, improving quality and productivity, while reducing costs.
- Evaluate and select components and parts for products.
- Develop working relationships with Mechanical Engineering and with other departments to address and resolve issues.
- Act as a technical resource for sales personnel, service technicians, Quality Assurance technicians, and for product field support of customers.
- Participate in cross functional teams to address and resolve manufacturing, design, and quality problems, and to ensure the continuous improvement of processes and methods.
- Stay current and informed of new developments in industry and new parts or methods to improve products or product designs.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites. (Weekdays only)
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and three to five years of related experience.
AutoCAD 2000 (minimum), AutoCAD Electrical a plus.
Experience with Rockwell Automation PLC/HMI programming, Siemens
TIA portal a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information