Electrical Applications Engineer
Greater Milwaukee Area, WI 53151 US
- This position will be responsible for all electrical part activities on electric overhead cranes and portal cranes. Emphasis will be on electrical components including motors, brakes, controls, switches, PLC's, pendants, radio systems, weigh systems, camera systems, etc.
- Perform application tasks using established procedures and develop improvements to existing procedures as needed. These include but are not limited to component selection, preliminary schematic design, preliminary system layout, and preliminary automation component selection.
- Interpret customer specifications to determine scope of work.
- Ability to search company archives to find records of legacy equipment. Must be proficient in reading legacy equipment schematics.
- Provide phone support and technical assistance on Konecrane electrics products for product selection.
- Perform optimization of components by working in an interactive Team environment to reduce costs and improve delivery schedules.
- Must be self-motivated, display leadership abilities, and have knowledge of the CMAA. This position requires excellent understanding of electricity, motor control electrical circuits, and analog and digital input/output. Experience designing and troubleshooting motor control circuits utilizing electromagnetic devices and variable frequency drives (VFD's) is essential. Knowledge of PLC programing software is plus. A qualified candidate must be proficient in reading electrical schematics and vendor application drawings. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and Word. Verbal and written communication plays a key role in this position.