Upland, CA 91763 US
- Champion Safety Culture: Foster and champion a "zero accident" mentality throughout the organization.
- Promote a culture of safety, security, and environmental responsibility among all employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Develop and Manage EHSS Programs:
- Develop, integrate, and manage written Environmental and Safety programs, policies, and procedures that comply with legal and corporate policies and guidelines.
- Develop and manage EHSS processes throughout the company.
- Employee Engagement: Develop strong relationships and facilitate employee-led behavior-based safety processes in a team-based environment.
- Audits and Hazard Mitigation: Lead bakery teams and conduct regular environmental and safety audits.
- Identify and evaluate hazards in the workplace and recommend solutions to minimize or eliminate risk.
- Compliance and Reporting: Complete necessary regulatory and internal reports, forms, etc.
- Manage and maintain existing Environmental Compliance programs (e.g., PSM, SWPPP, Air, Water, Waste, etc.).
- Regulatory Research: Research federal, state, and local regulations to define existing and upcoming legal obligations and requirements of associated programs and policies.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in all areas of safety and environmental compliance.
- Team Building: Identify, build, and manage site EHSS personnel and personnel performing EHSS activities throughout the organization.
- Incident Management: Support all accident and near-miss investigations to uncover the root causes and track the completion of corrective actions.
- Track, analyze, and report safety performance results.
- Travel and Support: Ability to travel at least 20% of the time to visit supported bakeries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security, Safety, Occupational Health/Safety, or related field or equivalent experience.
- M.S. in Occupational Safety or related discipline is a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years of comprehensive environmental and safety experience with an extensive background in a manufacturing environment
- Certifications (ASP, CSP, CHMM, REM) are an added bonus!