Taylor Mill, KY 41015 US
- Inspects/evaluates environment, equipment, and processes to ensure compliance with federal / state / local safety / environment regulations
- Conducts New Hire Orientation, delivers safety and health training programs, and maintains and distributes PPE to employees when applicable
- Enters data into Safety systems, conducts audits to identify unsafe conditions, non-compliance, and hazardous conditions; tracks, logs, and follows up on safety observations
- Conducts incident accident reporting and investigations and/or assists with the development of root cause corrections in those facilities with an EHS Manager
- Handles regulatory inspections/visits, such as KYOSHA and/or HYDEP; completes reports for submission to EPA, OSHA or other regulatory agencies as required
- Performs monitoring and testing for permit requirements
- Assists in the sampling of different media, collecting water level data, storm water sampling during precipitation events; collects, labels, packages and ships samples to off-site lab
- Handles facility alarm and sprinkler systems and other emergency response systems as applicable
- Assists with preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements for assigned programs
- Administers first aid for minor injuries as needed and refers more serious injuries for medical care and informs company of any injuries that occur at the facility
- BS Degree in Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of environmental practices and Federal/State safety rules and regulations and regulatory requirements
- Possess or able to obtain certification in General Industry 30-hour class
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- Experience with Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with SAFE START or similar safety program
Meet Your Recruiter
Amy Badal is a seasoned Senior Recruiter passionate about connecting with individuals across diverse industries and various career stages. With an impressive 7-year tenure at Sterling, Amy has become an invaluable asset to the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Amy's journey in recruiting spans over 11 years, during which she has acquired a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field. Her fascination with working alongside people from different backgrounds and professional levels has driven her successful career.
As a Senior Recruiter, Amy thrives on collaborating with candidates and hiring partners in the railroad industry. She relishes the chance to contribute to their career growth and the overall success of the organizations she serves. Amy's ability to understand each individual's unique needs and aspirations allows her to make insightful and tailored placements that benefit both parties.
One of Amy's most valuable pieces of advice is never to burn bridges and always maintain high professionalism throughout the hiring process.