Joliet, IL 60435 US
- Provide primary EHS support to plant operations, subject to additional responsibilities and changes as directed by the Corporation VP EHS.
- Analyze the work environment to develop programs addressing occupational diseases, injuries, and environmental harm caused by physical, chemical, biological agents, or ergonomic factors.
- Offer technical support to front line leadership on occupational health, safety, security, environmental compliance, process safety (HAZOP), and loss prevention.
- Conduct field and site inspections to ensure adherence to laws, regulations, and employer policies governing occupational safety and environmental compliance.
- Assist in collecting data for environmental permit and reporting requirements (air, water, waste regulatory requirements).
- Prepare reports for internal and regulatory use, including a Compliance calendar.
- Develop and manage initiatives fostering a proactive safety culture, including programs for increased employee involvement, education, and recognition through safety committees, incident investigations, training, and compliance auditing.
- Analyze EHS data to identify trends and causal factors, investigating incidents and non-compliance events to recommend remedial actions.
- Liaise with regulatory agencies on reporting and investigating compliance concerns, including maintenance of work-related injury logs.
- Deliver regulatory-required training on health, safety, and environmental matters.
- Apply EHS management systems to conform to standards such as RC14001, ISO14001, ISO45001, etc.
- Manage EHS projects at assigned sites.
- Bachelor’s degree related to environmental health and safety, engineering, or related discipline is preferred.
- Analyzes and interprets reports from consultants and makes recommendations for additional testing and field work as required.
- At least 5 years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, Microsoft office software, and computer skills.
- Must be an independent, self-motivated individual with the ability to multi task and administer a broad range of duties including; resolving complaints,
Meet Your Recruiter
Alyssa Ford is a dedicated Technical Recruiter, driven by her commitment to establishing meaningful connections with individuals and assisting them in navigating the complexities of career transitions.
With one year of dedicated service at Sterling and a total of 2 years in the recruiting field, Alyssa has already significantly impacted talent acquisition.
Alyssa's innate ability to connect with people and understand their unique career aspirations has been instrumental in her success as a Technical Recruiter. She finds great joy in forging professional relationships and participating in candidates' journeys as they navigate the tough decisions associated with job changes.
Having experienced the challenges of job hunting firsthand, Alyssa empathizes with candidates facing similar struggles. She encourages job seekers not to lose hope and to stay persistent throughout their search. Alyssa believes that the right role will come along at the right time, and maintaining a positive attitude and determination can make all the difference in finding the perfect fit.