Jeffersonville, PA 19482-0840 US
- Provide primary EHS support the plant operations. Additional responsibilities and changes in responsibilities may be made at the discretion of the Corporation VP EHS.
- Analyze the work environment and develop programs designed to control, eliminate, and prevent occupational disease and/or injury and/or environmental harm caused by physical, chemical, biological agents or ergonomic factors.
- Provide technical support to front line leadership on matters related to occupational health, safety, security, environmental compliance, process safety (HAZOP), and loss prevention.
- Conduct field and site inspections to enforce adherence to laws, regulations and employer policies governing occupational safety and environmental compliance.
- Assist with the collection of data required to satisfy environmental permit and reporting requirements (air, water, waste regulatory requirements).
- Prepare reports for use by company personnel and regulatory agencies, including Compliance calendar.
- Develop and manage initiatives to promote a proactive safety culture, including programs designed to increase employee involvement, education, and recognition by participation in safety committees, incident investigations, training, and compliance auditing.
- Collect and interpret EHS data to identify trends and/or causal factors, such as system failure, human error, incomplete or faulty decision-making, or a weakness in existing policies or practices or regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree related to environmental health and safety, engineering, or related discipline is preferred.
- Analyzes and interprets reports from consultants and makes recommendations for additional testing and field work as required.
- At least 5 years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, Microsoft office software, and computer skills.
- Must be an independent, self-motivated individual with the ability to multi task and administer a broad range of duties including; resolving complaints, counseling employees and providing technical interpretation of policies and procedures.
Meet Your Recruiter
Erik Butzen is a skilled and compassionate Senior Recruiter passionate about empowering individuals to advance in their careers. With two years of dedicated service at Sterling, Erik has already significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition efforts.
Having honed his expertise over five years in the field of recruiting, Erik possesses a deep understanding of the industry's intricacies. His journey began with the desire to assist individuals in finding opportunities that would propel their professional growth forward.
As a Senior Recruiter, Erik takes great pride in his ability to help people make meaningful advancements in their careers. Whether it's guiding a candidate through the interview process, providing valuable insights into the job market, or matching the right talent with the perfect role, Erik is committed to positively impacting the lives of those he interacts with.
One of Erik's most valuable pieces of advice to both hiring managers and fellow recruiters is to ask a lot of questions. Understanding the needs and expectations of both candidates and employers is essential to finding the best fit for both parties.