Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 85000 105000 YEAR true
University Park, IL 60449 US
2023-05-12 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Environmental Health & Safety Job Number: Na255790417 Compensation: $85000-105000 / year
Title: EHS Manager
Location: University Park, IL
Hire Type: Direct Hire
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
- Provide leadership in implementing and managing EHS policies, programs, and practices.
- Ability to lead incident investigations, evaluate trend analysis and handle workers’ compensation.
- Conduct safety training sessions for employees and managers.
- Implement and coordinate safety programs to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries.
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures.
- Ability to advise leadership on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Perform safety audits and inspections to identify potential safety hazards and work with employees and supervisors to determine and implement corrective actions.
- Ability to coach, train, influence, and mentor employees
- Ability to analyze complex situations and make timely decisions.
- Ability to collect and analyze data to determine root cause of problem.
- Ability to multi-task when all projects are high priority.
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, environmental science or related technical degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Safety
- Problem solving skills.
- Computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Data Analysis skills required (Capability, KPIs)
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and other federal and state regulations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage changing priorities and multiple tasks.
- Track record of self-motivated, results-orientated team player
- Travel required (approximately 20%)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.