New Orleans, LA 70094 US
- Create a strategic vision for EHS performance and cultural excellence. Analyze EHS data, assumptions, resources, constraints, and the EHS culture to develop and evolve a long-range course of actions to achieve that vision. Define success by determining outcomes that are critical for success.
- Ensure everyone shares the vision, and foster employee commitment and engagement in the vision.
- Establish systems and leverage technology to identify, assess, manage, and mitigate EHS risks and ensure regulatory compliance with applicable Federal, State, local regulations, and company policies. Improve EHS processes to ensure efficient and reliable execution.
- Implement audit processes that assess risk management and compliance assurance practices and systems.
- An engineering or science degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of directly related experience in the environment and safety field, preferably in the chemical industry, with demonstrated knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- At least 5 years of experience with people management.
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Schmitt is a dedicated and experienced Senior Recruiting Team Lead passionate about empowering individuals through career opportunities. With an impressive track record of 8 years at Sterling, she has significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition and development strategies.
With a remarkable 12-year career in the field of recruiting, Ashley has garnered a deep understanding of the industry's dynamics and trends. She has witnessed the ever-changing job market and thrived in guiding people through its complexities. For Ashley, the most rewarding aspect of recruitment is finding people roles that can genuinely improve their professional lives.
As a Senior Recruiting Team Lead, Ashley's leadership abilities shine through as she leads her team to excel in their roles. She believes in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where all team member's strengths are recognized and utilized to achieve collective success.
Advice for candidates from Ashley: “Reflect on your skill sets and what makes you happy, be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Strengthen your online presence and always be networking!”