Charlotte, NC 28262 US
Title: EHS Manager (Chemical Manufacturing Facility)
Location: Charlotte, NC
- Develop site-specific safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinate all site EHS training.
- Develop awareness initiatives that reinforce safety programs and encourage employee involvement.
- Develop and conducts new employee orientation for all applicable EHS topics.
- Comply, calculate, and submit site safety statistics.
- Act as liaison between site and all EHS Divisional and Corporate support.
- Act as liaison between the site and all Federal, State, and Local enforcement agencies.
- Develop action plans to either pursue OSHA VPP STAR status, or maintain same if the site is already in the Program.
- Perform inspections, investigations and analyses to minimize the potential for accidental losses or environmental releases.
- Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
- Lead and support employee-led safety committees.
- Maintain the balance of technical EHS tasks and time on the floor.
- Manage the EHS Management System and be audit ready at all times.
- Degree with a major in Environmental Health & Safety, Engineering or Business
- Experience working in chemical manufacturing with a focus on evrionmental safety
- Must have at least 3 years of PSM or Environmental and Health & Safety experience
- Previous experience using continuous improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 5-S or Six Sigma
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.