Northlake, IL 60164 US
- Assist in executing and tracking of various safety and environmental inspection requirements including ladders, hoists, Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT), fire extinguishers, eye wash/showers, hazardous and non-hazardous waste accumulation, chemical storage, storm water (SWPPP) and oil storage (SPCC).
- Support site’s Job Safety Analysis and/or Risk Management System training and development.
- Support EHS Coordinator in preparing and coordinating routine regulated waste shipments.
- Responsible for documenting employee participation in EHS initiatives.
- Support EHS Coordinator in executing on and tracking progress of annual EHS initiatives.
- Support EHS Coordinator in driving completion of site’s Open Safety Action Items
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work all shifts and perform overtime
- Previous experience in EHS and/or quality control preferred.
- Future training and/or education may be necessary to further job skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and Power Point presentations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
Meet Your Recruiter
Alyssa Ford is a dedicated Technical Recruiter, driven by her commitment to establishing meaningful connections with individuals and assisting them in navigating the complexities of career transitions.
With one year of dedicated service at Sterling and a total of 2 years in the recruiting field, Alyssa has already significantly impacted talent acquisition.
Alyssa's innate ability to connect with people and understand their unique career aspirations has been instrumental in her success as a Technical Recruiter. She finds great joy in forging professional relationships and participating in candidates' journeys as they navigate the tough decisions associated with job changes.
Having experienced the challenges of job hunting firsthand, Alyssa empathizes with candidates facing similar struggles. She encourages job seekers not to lose hope and to stay persistent throughout their search. Alyssa believes that the right role will come along at the right time, and maintaining a positive attitude and determination can make all the difference in finding the perfect fit.