Northlake, IL 60164 US
- Assist in executing and tracking of various safety and environmental inspection requirements including ladders, hoists, Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT), fire extinguishers, eye wash/showers, hazardous and non-hazardous waste accumulation, chemical storage, storm water (SWPPP) and oil storage (SPCC).
- Support site’s Job Safety Analysis and/or Risk Management System training and development.
- Support EHS Coordinator in preparing and coordinating routine regulated waste shipments.
- Responsible for documenting employee participation in EHS initiatives.
- Support EHS Coordinator in executing on and tracking progress of annual EHS initiatives.
- Support EHS Coordinator in driving completion of site’s Open Safety Action Items
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work all shifts and perform overtime
- Previous experience in EHS and/or quality control preferred.
- Future training and/or education may be necessary to further job skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and Power Point presentations. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
Meet Your Recruiter
Ashley Schmitt is a dedicated and experienced Senior Recruiting Team Lead passionate about empowering individuals through career opportunities. With an impressive track record of 8 years at Sterling, she has significantly impacted the organization's talent acquisition and development strategies.
With a remarkable 12-year career in the field of recruiting, Ashley has garnered a deep understanding of the industry's dynamics and trends. She has witnessed the ever-changing job market and thrived in guiding people through its complexities. For Ashley, the most rewarding aspect of recruitment is finding people roles that can genuinely improve their professional lives.
As a Senior Recruiting Team Lead, Ashley's leadership abilities shine through as she leads her team to excel in their roles. She believes in fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment where all team member's strengths are recognized and utilized to achieve collective success.
Advice for candidates from Ashley: “Reflect on your skill sets and what makes you happy, be realistic about your strengths and weaknesses. Strengthen your online presence and always be networking!”