Goodyear, AZ 85338 US
- The Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator (EHS Coordinator) plays a crucial role in administering the Environmental, Health & Safety program activities for our production facility. This position provides comprehensive support and services, developing and implementing programs to ensure a safe and compliant work environment. In the absence of the EHS Supervisor, the Sr. Environmental, Health & Safety Manager's duties and responsibilities are assumed by the coordinator.
- Oversee and administer the Environmental, Health & Safety systems, including the daily management and reporting of industrial wastewater system flows and loadings.
- Provide expert guidance and consultation to management on all aspects of environmental, health, and safety compliance.
- Implement responsive environmental, health & safety programs, services, strategies, and initiatives, ensuring close integration with overall company policy.
- Monitor program efficiency, develop reporting procedures, and revise processes and procedures as needed for continuous improvement.
- Offer day-to-day guidance and support to management on environmental, health & safety practices, policy interpretation, problem resolution, and federal and state law compliance.
- Develop and maintain written departmental procedures for the application of established environmental, health, and safety processes and documentation.
- Conduct monthly Safety and Stormwater Inspections.
- Perform formal incident reviews for all incidents resulting in Workers Compensation claims in collaboration with the Human Resources Department.
- Administer responses to and investigations of reports of hazardous conditions, taking appropriate action to mitigate potential environmental risks.
- Conduct training needs analyses, initiate, develop, and coordinate the implementation of training programs for management, staff, and operators.
- Manage inventory of Safety supplies, including First Aid Cabinets.
- Support the Division SR.EHS Manager in compliance with environmental compliance reporting requirements.
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings.
- Track and report safety KPIs and safety performance for the site.
- Serve as a member of the Food Safety Team.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in EHS or 2 years in the field.
- 1-2 years of experience in performing site safety.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Highly organized with the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to manage projects through completion with limited oversight.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
- Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and state environmental laws, regulations, procedures, and standards.