E&I Project Engineer
Oak Brook, IL 60515 US
Location: Oak Brook, IL
- Steward project objectives and related performance standards for all assigned projects including scope development, project cost, project schedule, quality, mechanical performance, safety of design and constructability, environmental, customer satisfaction, and legal/regulatory compliance.
- Follow the company stage gated process to initiate, develop, and execute Capital projects.
- Developing and maintaining all project related documents as applicable and appropriate and stewarding the document approval process.
- Work both independently and as part of team to complete projects from start to finish to successfully implement the project and achieve stated objectives.
- Monitor and report monthly on cost, including cash flow forecasting, and schedule.
- Responsible for change order management, scope management control, management of outside contract project engineering work, and material quality checks.
- Execute detail design and major material purchases for all assigned projects.
- Provide assistance, as required, to the Process Engineering, Operations, Construction, and other Departments on their related project responsibilities.
- Steward the Management of Change (MOC) process for assigned projects including leading Pre Start-up Safety Reviews (PSSRs) so new installations can be safely commissioned and started up.
- Adhere to and be active in all site safety programs including following all safety programs and policies in the office and in the field.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a E/I Engineer; preferably in a Petroleum Refinery however experience in Chemical or Power Industries will be considered.
- Ability to obtain a TWIC Card
Meet Your Recruiter
Ally Boushley is a seasoned Technical Recruiter specializing in the Commercial Division, boasting a remarkable 8-year career in the dynamic realm of recruitment. Ally's passion for matchmaking candidates with the perfect roles and her knack for uncovering rare talents make her a respected figure in the talent acquisition landscape.
As a Technical Recruiter, Ally's profound understanding of industry intricacies within the Commercial Division allows her to excel in her craft. Her expertise bridges the gap between candidates and clients and positions her as a strategic partner in shaping their success stories.
Ally's true joy in recruiting comes from her ability to be a talent matchmaker. She revels in the thrill of finding elusive "purple squirrel" candidates with rare and exceptional skills that perfectly align with niche job requirements. Exploring new industries, discovering unique companies, and learning about diverse skill sets fuels her passion. For Ally, knowledge is power, and she actively seeks opportunities to expand her understanding of the ever-evolving recruitment landscape.
Her advice to job seekers is simple yet profound: Always take the interview. Ally understands that every interview holds the potential to lead to unexpected opportunities or connections that can positively change one's career trajectory. She encourages candidates to approach each interview as a valuable learning experience and a chance to meet influential individuals who may shape their future.