Title: Drupal Developer
Hire Type: Contract
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Seeking an experienced software engineer skilled in Drupal or other web content management system development. The candidate will possess extensive solution development knowledge with the ability to work on a defined set of web content management related business systems.
The goal is to enhance, upgrade, or develop operational tools and business functionality for the web content management and related systems.
To work as a developer on the scrum team accomplishing priorities set by the Product Owner and Product Manager.
Current priorities include Drupal upgrades, Coveo enterprise search appliance enhancements, Site Studio foundational components, and related development as assigned to the scrum team.
Additional work includes integrations with authentication and web services for data transfer, decommissioning older technologies, migrating applications such as PHP, fixing defects and expanding developer tools such as expansion of unit test and enhancing CI/CD pipelines.
Additional role with assisting the scrum team with user support for the systems, pair programming, and code reviews.
All development includes knowledge transfer to the scrum team to sustain operation and support for all systems where development occurs.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Web content management system administration and/or development experience or equivalent system experience (such as Drupal or similar)
- Database development experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or Oracle
- Knowledge of software development life cycle, agile development, software testing and debugging
- Excellent communication and technical skills.
- Ability to produce secure, reliable, and extendable code
- Excellent communication and technical documentation skills.
- Ability to understand and follow organizational best practices and standards.
- Proven skills in web user interface design.
- Able to work both independently and as a contributing member of an Agile Scrum technical team.
- Able to effectively interact with user organizations to derive system requirements and design solutions.
- Able to disseminate knowledge to current staff.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.