Baltimore, MD 21204 US
Title: Distribution Designer
Location: Baltimore, MD
Hire Type: Contract to hire
Overview: Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
- Design and prepare independently, construction documents related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems and telecommunication networks and infrastructure following client standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
- Contact landowners and/or their agents, to obtain appropriate permissions and approvals for new utility infrastructure to be installed
- Apply the client’ s standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities and telecommunication facilities.
- Prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
- Have a working knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in electric distribution design.
- 2+ years experience in Utility Design & underground cable and Conduit experience.
- Ability to handle contacts with clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information