Director of Engineering; Diversified Energy & Renewables
Remote, CO 80202 US
- Develop, implement and maintain a strategy for leading the Diversified Energy & Renewables engineering team as they continue to evolve and expand their subject matter expertise.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert and provide project support in that role
- Act as the Engineer of Record, as needed, to support various projects
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop and meet company goals while supplying expertise and guidance on operations, projects, and systems.
- Develop functional relationships with the organization’s regional leadership to ensure that the regions are receiving the necessary engineering support.
- The role is important to ensure engineers are qualified, experienced, trained, and prepared to adequately support engineering needs on projects, proposals, and execution in the field as well as ensuring we have engineers with the right skills and experience supporting projects.
- Specifications of major equipment, development of equipment bid packages, technical equipment and commercial reviews, equipment bid recommendations, equipment drawing reviews
- Training, Development and Career Pathing
- Help support the Diversified Energy & Renewables Engineering team in the development of career pathing within their disciplines.
- Works with executive leadership to develop and maintain the overall strategy for engineering training and development
- Develop a team growth plan to identify current gaps and plan for their resolution
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Business Development
- Market skills and capabilities to new clients to increase group revenue and project portfolios
- Perform business development and client account management activities including preparing presentations, tracking client opportunities, soliciting client feedback
- Reviews and approves proposals, cost estimates, and staffing requirements for projects.
- Assigns appropriate technical resources to support the regions during the development of proposals
- Help build and grow business opportunities by supporting and maintaining existing client relationships as well as exploring new clients and workstreams
- Maintain a pulse on industry business cycles, trends, and technology and prioritize BD efforts toward high-potential and top opportunities.
- A certain level of billability is required.
- Demonstrated management, business, and engineering management skills
- Results-oriented with ability to balance other business priorities
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical, supervisory, motivational and leadership skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in the industry and of engineering.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (or similar) required.
- Minimum eight (8) years of industry-related experience
- Three (3) years leadership or management
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer strongly preferred, or ability to obtain PE within first year of employment.
- Experience with hydrogen systems is required. Examples may include storage, various production methods (SMR, electrolysis, pyrolysis, etc.), blending, fuel cells, and plant design.
Meet Your Recruiter
Andrea Edwards is a committed Technical Recruiter specializing in the Utilities Division at Sterling. With 2 years of impactful service in the recruitment field, Andrea's passion lies in guiding individuals to discover their forever careers, whether they are embarking on their professional journey or are seasoned senior-level professionals.
In her role as a Technical Recruiter, Andrea brings a deep understanding of the Utilities Division to her work, allowing her to expertly connect candidates with roles that align with their career goals and aspirations. Her commitment to understanding each candidate's unique path positions her as a trusted partner in their professional endeavors.
What Andrea enjoys most about her work is the opportunity to have meaningful conversations with people, whether they are just starting in their careers or are senior-level professionals. She derives immense satisfaction from helping individuals find roles that resonate with their goals and lead them toward their forever careers.
Andrea's advice to job seekers is rooted in authenticity and confidence. She understands that interviews can be daunting but encourages candidates to be themselves and show confidence. Andrea firmly believes that authenticity and self-assuredness can leave a lasting impression and play a pivotal role in securing opportunities.