Title: Director, Electricity Utility Operations
Location: Denver, CO
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are functions a qualified applicant must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Understand the Electric Utility segment and have worked in the area for 10 years with both EPC and Engineering Service work .
· Frequent and consistent networking and business development contact with existing clients to identify and secure new business opportunities. Develop and maintain client relationships.
· Direct and manage employees, operations, and activities towards the accomplishment of defined objectives related to revenues and profitability for assigned region. Participate in the preparation of region budgets and goals.
· Promote CEPC’s services and offerings to existing clients and to potential clients to maximize resource utilization and provide an avenue for sustained profitable growth of the region.
· Direct activities of assigned personnel to ensure client deliverables are understood and achieved within the given timeframe and within budget.
· Create and maintain a work environment where employees can efficiently utilize their skills and knowledge, fulfill their responsibilities, and maximize their potential.
· Maintain full knowledge of all CEPC services offered. Utilize service knowledge to effectively advise customers and expand current service offerings.
· Stay abreast of latest trends and developments in methods, techniques, equipment, tools and supplies that might be incorporated into processes to increase efficiency.
· Manage all aspects of employment cycle including hiring, training, performance reviews, discipline etc.
· Prepare and disseminate periodic reports regarding the region’s activity and progress against stated goals. Address deviations from projections in a pro-active manner.
· Direct local safety and quality programs. Ensure work product compliance with all government regulations and company policies regarding these programs.
· Monitor change-orders and accounts receivable balances for assigned clients. Interact with CEPC accounting and client stakeholders to resolve outstanding balances in a timely manner.
· Work with Human Resources to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained. Participate in weekly staffing resource allocation meetings.
· Work with Human Resources to coordinate the training and development of assigned staff. Includes internal training, professional licenses, and certifications (PE, PMP) and industry specific training as well as equipment specific training.
· Ensure assigned personnel comply with CEPC policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
· This position requires at least 10 years of related experience, with a minimum of 5 years managing groups of engineers and project managers.
· Experience in construction and commissioning support.
· Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred. PMP also preferred.
· Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.