Des Moines, IA US
Title: Mechanical Designer
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire
- Create models, layouts, drawings, and sketches using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Verify parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies can be built from the model using the equipment present.
- Work with project managers to estimate design and drafting times and design concepts.
- Input data into an ERP system
- Some communication with the customer is required.
- May require travel to customer’s facilities for measurements and research.
- Two (2) years of experience with SolidWorks 3D Modeling and AutoCAD 2D Software is required. Other qualifications include:
- Must be able to read and decipher blueprints, schematics, weld symbols, GD&T, and surface finishes.
- Must display excellent mechanical and analytical skills.
- Highly organized
- Experience in developing complete and accurate bills of materials.
- Must possess clear and concise communication skills.
- Proficient use of software programs, MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), ERP/MRP system, planning/scheduling tools
- Knowledge of sheet metal and forming is a plus.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information