Portland, ME 04019 US
Sterling Engineering has an exciting new opportunity for an AutoCAD Technician/ Drafter! The role is a full time, contract to hire offering benefits!
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
Multidisciplinary consulting firm who approaches engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate “smart” solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning.
Our client is currently seeking a Engineering Designer with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Candidate will use MicroStation & proprietary programs including GIS and Pole Foreman to compile design packages to submit to the client.
- The Employee will work primarily on the Green Power Connection work from the Utility.
- The Employee will receive approved Engineering packages to design and complete for internal QA/QC.
- AutoCAD experience preferred; high school diploma
- Candidate will be required to design overhead and underground extensions in the existing electrical distribution system.
- Candidate will be required to understand overhead distribution design including tensions and deflection angles.
- Will be required to read and interpret engineered diagrams of pole framings and other overhead and underground equipment to determine various requirements and clearances.
- Experience within the Baltimore Gas and Electric System, Pole Foreman Program experience.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Meet Your Recruiter
Meet Lindsey Begue, a seasoned Technical Recruiter specializing in the Utilities Division. With an impressive 8-year career in recruitment, Lindsey's passion lies in fostering meaningful relationships with candidates and guiding them toward their ideal careers.
As a Technical Recruiter, Lindsey brings a deep understanding of the Utilities Division to her work, allowing her to expertly connect candidates with roles that align with their career goals and aspirations. Her commitment to understanding each candidate's unique journey positions her as a trusted partner in their professional endeavors.
For Lindsey, the most fulfilling aspect of her work is the opportunity to build lasting relationships with candidates and assist them in securing their dream jobs. She derives immense satisfaction from witnessing individuals achieve their career aspirations and embark on transformative professional journeys.
Lindsey's advice to job seekers is rooted in the power of networking and relationship-building. She encourages candidates to connect and build relationships with their recruiter. She believes these connections can open doors to opportunities and provide valuable insights into the job market.