Naperville, IL 60563 US
Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Naperville, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Works independently to assist in the planning, design and development of projects for the gas distribution system. Typical assignments include complex projects as well as some smaller projects in the gas utilities space.
- Performing a variety of basic engineering tasks to assist in the production of plans, specifications, reports, diagrams, and engineering documents with supervision by other engineers and supervisors
- Develops and designs for department of transportation, pressure improvement, renewals, relocations, and new business.
- Project Management of design projects tracking multiple items including permitting, approval status and construction status.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited university
- 0-2 years’ experience in a civil or utilities design background
- Preferred knowledge of AutoCAD or AutoCAD Civil3
- Minimum of at least one intern position of not less than 3 months performing basic engineering tasks
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information