Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 75000 YEAR true
Huntley, IL 60142 US
2023-03-07 2023-04-20 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Mechanical Engineering Job Number: Jt92994037 Compensation: 75000
Title: Design Engineer (Automation)
Location: Huntley, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire - $70-$80k per year depending on experience
The Design Automation Engineer is responsible for using Driveworks and Solidworks to automate the configurations of all products. Responsibilities also include the integration of product configurations with other business systems, including but not limited to ERP, CRM and e-commerce.
1. Collaborate with internal engineering team and management, and external consultants as appropriate, to implement the master plan for automating the design configurations of all products;
2. Using Driveworks, develop product configurators following the user interface standard for the configurator with a consistent, modern user experience (UX) across different product families. In addition, developed configurators should be intuitive and user-friendly;
3. Create and implement, for each product family, the rules-based configurator for that family, covering all needed configurations, appropriate help popups, and other features needed to make configurations;
4. Troubleshoot configuration failures and bugs in a timely manner;
5. Working with the Design Automation Project Leader, support the justification of Solidworks or Driveworks add-on modules that are needed to enable efficient business operations, marketing activities, and streamlined engineering and/or manufacturing workflow for product configurations;
6. Test and debug all product configurators prior to release. Validate correct results, including transfer of any data to/from connected business systems. Working with the IT department, validate appropriate data protection to prevent corruption of critical databases;
7. Collaborate closely with other departments and outside consultants on integration of the configurator with other business systems, including ERP, CRM, and e-commerce. Understand business requirements and accordingly develop configuration specifications;
8. Work with the sizing tools/engineering calculators design team to develop data transfer tables to connect sizing tools to the appropriate product configurators;
9. Create necessary documentation of programming guides, data transfer maps, etc. for reference use by other developers and team members;
10. Keep abreast of needed software updates, add new products as needed, recommend enhancements and new features as they are released, etc. Support version control and change management.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required;
2. Strong knowledge of Solidworks for mechanical engineering and design;
3. Experience with creating models and drawings with precision tolerances;
4. Experience and understanding of product configurators;
5. Understanding of design automation and ERP tools, and the integration of these tools in a manufacturing environment;
6. Software experience with SQL databases, Excel macro programming, and coding in a language such as Python, C#, or VB.
7. Experience with version control and change management tools (e.g. PDM, Data vault).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills;
2. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
3. Self-starter with ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and properly prioritize activities;
4. Familiar with office automation tools: MS Office, MS Project, ERP, and CRM;
5. Willingness to travel occasionally to Driveworks user group meetings and technical training classes;
6. Strong desire for organization, process optimization and efficiency.
7. Capable of solving complex problems, sharing knowledge, and documenting work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.