Design Electrical Engineer
Alsip, IL 60803 US
Title: Design Electrical Engineer
Location: Alsip, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct hire - $70-$100k per year depending on experience.
An experienced Electrical Design Engineer who demonstrates significant experience and proven track record designing Industrial Process Machinery electrical power distribution and PLC Control systems for major process/construction capital projects on a global scale.
· Design and/or supervise electrical engineering performed by engineering consultants, including power distribution, process lighting, installation engineering, communication network design and PLC programming.
· Ensure that electrical engineering meets applicable installation and safety codes, such as the NEC and/or IEC and/or Crown’s equipment specifications.
· Assist operating group in determination of machine control hardware and software levels.
· Monitor and ensure conformity of machine vendor’s control design, expedite the delivery of drawings and operating programs and assure timely delivery of information to line installation engineers.
· Inspect, at vendor’s plant, the completed machine, witness test runs and buy-off the electrical installation, design, operation, control and programs.
· Consult, on as requested basis, with plant operations to assist in resolving machine performance improvements.
· Provide assistance during machine installation and line debug phases to assure timely resolution of equipment problems, engineering questions, starts-up deviations, etc.
· Minimum 5 years “Hands On” experience – which must include designing building power distribution plus machine and line control systems utilizing a variety of PLCs ( Allen Bradley specifically ).
Qualifications: Degree, Professional etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical or electronics engineering is preferred.
Knowledge: Company practices, Legislation etc
· Strong technical background showing broad understanding of electrical power distribution and machine controls design and installation.
· Knowledge of PLC Programming, HMI software programming, Electrical Controls and Schematics
· Solid experience in PLC and HMI systems design including: PLC system hardware selection, I/O panels and subsystems layout and wiring
· Proven record of delivering engineering outputs to achieve scheduled targets.
· Computer literate. Must include AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite.
· Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving, research and teamwork skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills are mandatory.
Travel: Travel to EU/USA/Global is sometimes required.
· Up to 15% travel including international Travel
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information