Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 70000 110000 YEAR true
Data Center Facilities Operations Specialist
Batavia, IL 60510 US
2023-05-04 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Database Management Job Number: Na12838051 Compensation: $70000-110000 / year
Title: Datacenter Facility Operation Specialist
Location: Batavia IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
Looking for Data Center Facilities Operations Specialist. In this position you will be a leading contributor to safely operate reliable and high-quality mission critical Data Centers in support of business programs.
- Plan and coordinate maintenance, repair, installation, and operation of the data centers as it pertains to electrical systems, mechanical systems, capacity planning, project management, customer deployments, and all other aspects of data center facility operation.
- Develop schedules, work instructions, and other related documents and procedures. Acquire and review outside contract proposals and recommend subcontractors.
- Develop, document, and implement structured preventive and predictive equipment maintenance programs to minimize down time and equipment failures.
- Monitor electrical and cooling loads to confirm the data center environment is operating within design limits and effectively balanced for energy efficiency.
- Operate and maintain data centers to assure uptime to customers. Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation for incident management and data center emergency response.
- Experience with UPSs (Uninterruptible Power Supplies), UPS batteries, PDU's (Power Distribution Units), CRAC (Computer Room AC) units, ATS (Automatic Transfer Switches), Standby Generators, eletrical switchboards, commercial electrical breakers, and electrical power distribution.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technology field with 6 years of experience in data center facility operations
- Abide by and be responsible for performing all duties in accordance with environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.