Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 105000 136500 YEAR true
Data Center Facilities Operation Manager
Batavia, IL 60510 US
2023-05-11 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Executive/ Management Job Number: Na427651511 Compensation: $105000-136500 / year
Title: Data Center Manager
Location: Batavia IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- As the Data Center Manager, you will be responsible for the management of facilities staff and operation, ensuring the operation meets the company's objectives. You will direct and lead all aspects of data center capacity management and performance tuning to ensure the efficient utilization of the facility infrastructure.
- Supervise data center operations, services, and ensure appropriate operational procedures and processes are in place to provide reliable 7x24 operation and maintenance of the data centers. Perform risk assessments and gap analysis to ensure the data center availability goals are met.
- Lead the tactical planning and activities for multiple data centers to achieve the service delivery objectives set by the overall organization business plan.
- Participate in Laboratory long term strategic planning, priority setting, and find opportunities to ensure data center capacity meets current and future business requirements.
- Develop and be responsible for the workflow and planning processes for computing equipment life cycle (add, change, and removal) within the data center.
- Lead the expansion and improvement of data center facilities and infrastructure and serve as the Project Manager on Laboratory construction projects.
- Develop and ensure compliance with division facility management specifications, policies, governance, and standards to guide the operation of the data centers.
- Provide periodic special reports on effectiveness of data center operations, strategic planning, or energy efficiency to DOE, CIO, or Division Management as requested.
- Ensure energy usage metrics are maintained and energy efficiency measures are incorporated in data center designs, facility improvement projects, and operations to achieve efficiency goals.
- Develop annual operational budgets and handle the budget for improvement projects and the build out of the data center facilities.
- Abide by and is responsible for performing all duties in accordance with all environmental, health and safety regulations and practices pertinent to this position.
- Associates in engineering or technology field with 10+ years of experience in data center operations, including 5 years of demonstrated ability as a manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology field preferred with 7+ years of experience in data center operations, including 5 years of demonstrated ability as a manager.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.