Customer Account Service Specialist
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007 US
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
- Receives orders via e-mail, online portal and provides prompt courteous response for assigned accounts.
- Manages order receipt and documentation daily.
- Enters customer orders, changes and generates standard and special invoices and weekly reports.
- Enters return authorization and credits from the customer (distributor or OEM) as needed.
- Invoices and maintains tooling documentation files.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions through an 80/20 lens.
- Coordinate effective ship date for customer with all areas of the organization.
- Is familiar with export Customs procedures to assure compliance.
- Supports the Finance team with unapplied cash investigations.
- Manages small account sales via telephone and written correspondence.
- Works with manager to increase efficiency by reducing or eliminating processes or steps.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or communication from a four-year college or university and 3 to 5 years of experience within customer service in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Experience with navigating an ERP system. JD Edwards a plus.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.