Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 20.44 HOUR true
Atlanta, GA 30301 US
2023-03-17 2023-04-29 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Supply Chain Job Number: CG4104927823 Compensation: 20.44
Title: Cost Analyst
Location: Atlanta, GA
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: <CONTRACT or CONTRACT-TO-HIRE>
As a contract employee of Sterling Engineering, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Cost Analyst serves as the client’s main contact for providing cost management services, including invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, change management, close out administration, procurement management, earned value and value engineering. You can gather data from the team, look at metrics, identify risk indicators, and plan changes to keep the project within budget and on time while successfully achieving goals. This position will be performed remotely on East Coast hours (8:30-5:30 Eastern) with occasional travel (20%) to Georgia. Preference is for candidates located in Georgia to be able to attend more on-site meetings and collaboration sessions.
- Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff.
- Reviews the cash flow prepared by junior technical staff and issues to senior technical staff.
- With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
- With minimal supervision, provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Attends the bi-weekly cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field, plus four years relevant experience.
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Primavera or Microsoft Projects is preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information