Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 22 36 HOUR true
Chicago Heights, IL 60411 US
2023-05-02 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Technician Job Number: JS923241551 Compensation: $22-36 / hour
Title: Controls Technician
Location: Chicago Heights, IL
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
- This job requires the maintenance of food processing and packaging equipment. The ideal candidate must follow company policies on allergen, food defense, and HACCP. They must report any safety or equipment concerns to their supervisor, use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), and complete accurate documentation of their work. The candidate should possess excellent mechanical and safety aptitude, demonstrate troubleshooting skills, and have knowledge of VFDs, PLCs, servo drives, motor controls, pneumatics, hydraulics, and power distribution.
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain food processing and packaging equipment
- Follow our company policies on allergen, food defense, and HACCP, and report any safety or equipment concerns to your supervisor
- Use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and report any unsafe work practices or injuries
- Complete accurate and legible documentation of your work
- Perform repairs, modifications, and installations of automated production equipment with excellent mechanical and safety aptitude
- Demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills and knowledge of VFDs, PLCs, servo drives, motor controls, pneumatics, hydraulics, and power distribution
- Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures and utilize safety devices at all times.
- Demonstrate semi-skilled mechanical, plumbing, and troubleshooting skills for processing and packing equipment.
- Possess skilled electrical knowledge for 120V - 480V systems and skilled troubleshooting skills using a laptop for PLC, VFD, and HMI operations.
- Ability to teach trouble shooting skills using a laptop for PLC, VFD, and HMI operations.
- Interpret electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and control system design documentation and vendor supplied documents including PID, electrical single line drawings, instrument loop drawings, electrical cable routing, and termination, mechanical diagrams and machine layout drawings.
- Fully incorporate programs using Factory Talk View and software ladder logics.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.