Controls Technician 1st Shift
Romeoville, IL 60446 US
- We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced PLC Controls Technician to join our dynamic team. The PLC Controls Technician will play a critical role in ensuring the reliability and efficiency of our automated manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of PLC systems, excellent troubleshooting skills, and a commitment to maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety.
- Perform routine maintenance and calibration of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) to ensure optimal performance.
- Diagnose and resolve electrical and control system issues to minimize downtime.
- Develop and modify PLC programs to optimize production processes.
- Troubleshoot and debug PLC code to identify and rectify faults promptly.
- Configure and integrate Human-Machine Interface (HMI) systems with PLCs for efficient control and monitoring of production equipment.
- Maintain and repair electrical systems, including motors, sensors, and switches.
- Collaborate with electricians to ensure the electrical infrastructure supports PLC operations.
- Create and update technical documentation, including schematics, manuals, and maintenance records.
- Provide regular reports on system performance, maintenance activities, and improvements.
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines while working on electrical and control systems.
- Assist in the development and implementation of safety procedures.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization and efficiency improvements in PLC-controlled systems.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to implement enhancements.
- Train and mentor junior technicians and production personnel on PLC operations and troubleshooting techniques.
- Provide technical support during production runs and emergency situations.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands-on experience in PLC programming, troubleshooting, and maintenance within a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
- Strong knowledge of various PLC platforms, such as Siemens, Allen-Bradley, or Schneider Electric.
- Proficient in electrical circuitry, motor control, and instrumentation.
- Familiarity with Human-Machine Interface (HMI) systems and their integration with PLCs.
- A commitment to maintaining a safe working environment and ensuring compliance with safety regulations.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical abilities to diagnose and resolve technical issues efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment and adapt to changing priorities.