Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 26.00 HOUR true
Location: Romeoville, IL
Controls Technician (Panel Wirer)
Romeoville, IL 60441 US
2023-03-06 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Contract to Perm Job Category: Technician Job Number: Jt913436222 Compensation: 26.00
Title: Controls Technician (Panel Wirer)
Location: Romeoville, IL
Hire Type: CONTRACT-TO-HIRE> $25-$27 per hour depending on experience
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands of professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
As a contract employee of Sterling, you are eligible to receive a Full Employee Benefits Package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, 3 medical plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Ownership (ESOP) plan.
The Electrical Controls Technician’s primary role is to provide electrical controls integration startup support to the lead controls and senior controls engineer. Technicians are also responsible for leading the communication with manufacturing assembly team members on the electrical controls construction and system interface for the systems on a project that meet market and/or customer requirements. The Electrical Controls Technician will work closely to Electrical Controls Engineer to execute the initial electrical controls engineering content related duties for systems and projects. Duties also include technical controls system IO checkup and minor alterations approved by Controls Engineer that considers manufacturing feasibility, cost, and operation efficiency. He/She is recognized as the technician supporting the controls engineer within the organization with substantial knowledge and impact to the business. Success is measured by on-time, on-budget, and quality equipment; executed in alignment with our focus on People, Performance and Products through the framework.
- Demonstrate responsibility for the personal safety of self and others by maintaining a clean, orderly hazard free work environment, and compliance with safety practices and regulations.
- Actively promote Safety in a positive manner, proactively identifies and resolves Safety issues, report any apparent Safety concerns or violations to direct leader and/or CPD leader.
- Volunteer for a Safety Gemba on the shop floor quarterly.
Controls Integration Engineering Support
- Assist electrical assembly team with panel building, system device mounting/wiring, and other tasks related to the electrical assembly process.
- Perform in-house system IO check and testing prior to systems leaving the facility.
- Work with engineering to learn the processes and procedures associated with designing an integrated control system.
- Assist with engineering when appropriate
- Assist with programming of PLC/HMI when appropriate
- Assist with drawing reviews when appropriate
- Follow standards on how to execute electrical controls engineering content deliverables for systems on projects.
- Troubleshoot electrical and software designs in-house and for customer sites.
- Maintain bills of material for machine control designs by lead controls engineer.
- Ensure all documentation is updated to reflect controls changes.
- Assist both internal and external customers with problem solving.
- Manage time to estimate and meet project timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts performing service-related tasks to support products in the field.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.