Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 79000 83200 YEAR true
New Berlin, WI 53151 US
2023-05-04 2023-06-30 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Controls Engineering Job Number: Dj16530552 Compensation: $79000-83200 / year
Title: Control Technician
Location: New Berlin, WI
Sterling has helped build careers for thousands for professionals like yourself. Our expert recruiters support you at every step in the process and as a Best of Staffing company, Sterling provides exciting work with exceptional employers across the U.S.
Hire Type: Direct Hire
We are seeking a Controls Technician to maintain, modify, and repair the electrical controls for our existing and new automated machinery. In this role, you will work with a variety of controls including Robotics (Denso & Fanuc), Vision Inspection (Keyence & Cognex), PLC’s (Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi) HMI, stepper motors, and servo motors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot problems with equipment controls and test systems by observing automated systems in operation to determine causes of trouble.
• Analyze and adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments. Utilize computers to interface with PLCs, HMI, vision systems, motion control, etc.
• Utilize electrical schematics to troubleshoot automation control electrical panels to determine system integrity.
• Modify PLC ladder logic, vision system programs, etc. to satisfy station design hardware modifications.
• Troubleshoot & modify (touch-up) path points on robotic part handling.
• As needed, you may assist with wiring the control systems from start to finish, ensuring compliance with the National Electric Code.
• Analyze work orders, blueprints, and schematics to determine work to be performed.
• Verify proper start-up sequences of all equipment to avoid personal injury and property damage.
• Troubleshoot all circuits and programs to verify functionality.
• Incorporate OSHA approved guarding and safety devices for personnel and equipment.
• Provide support to other functions such as Maintenance, Reliability, and Engineering.
A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field is preferred. However, related technical training with 3 to 5 years of machine control experience is also acceptable. Experience with Rockwell Automation hardware and software is also preferred.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.