Sterling Engineering, Inc. https://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/63335/logos/square_logo.png https://www.sterling-engineering.com https://www.sterling-engineering.com USD 27.00 HOUR true
Schaumburg, IL 60007 US
2022-09-28 2023-04-22 Employment Type: Permanent Job Category: Controls Engineering Job Number: TS2629565927 Compensation: 27.00
Controls Engineer will program PLC, HMI, and robotic components of custom automated machinery.
- Develop architecture of controls system (including large, multi-machine systems)
- Programming of PLC, HMI, and Robots (cam operated machines, indexing machines – often featuring large count of servo axes)
- Guide electricians on wiring and codes.
- Debug and function verification on our production floor, culminating in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Some domestic & international travel may be necessary to assist in machine re-commissioning at customer site, culminating with Site Acceptance Testing (SAT); travel is approximately 10-20% (as a contract employee, they may not require travel)
- Contribute with your fellow engineers to improve standards and processes.
- Preferred college degree in electrical engineering, engineering-related field OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of automation industry experience.
- Proficiency in Allen Bradley PLCs, HMIs, Servo Control.